About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Q is for QUIZ

Okay, here we are at the letter Q for ABC Wednesday.  Lots of you have queried as to whether there would be a QUIZ on what I've written so far, so here it is.  All the anwers can be found in my previous posts.

1. Why would a photographer lie down on the floor or climb up high to get a shot?

2.  What is the best way to deal with the background of a shot?

3.  What are the 3 rules of composition?

4.  What measures the resolution of an image?

5.  The amount of light falling on an image during the process of taking a photo is called what?

6.  When a photographer uploads his/her photos to the computer, where do they save them?

7.  What are black and white photos also known as?

8.  What are the properties of colour called?

9.  Why is it better to save photos in JPEG rather than TIFF?

10. What do you call it when you put contrasting elements side by side in order to add interest?

11. What part of the camera makes images of objects on film or on a memory card?

12. What is my personal favourite form of photography?

13. What is the difference between what your brain expects to see and what is actually there?

14. What type of photography is it when an individual poses for a photograph?

15. How much fun is photography to you?

You can find the answers by linking to this: Answers to Quiz

Next, Awesome and Bountiful thanks to Denise Nesbitt for her Creative and Determined Efforts, never Futile, in Generating such a Heroic Idea for Jumpstarting Keen interest and Leading us in this Marvelous and Noble Opportunity to Publicize our Quintessential posts!  Click here to view other ABCW posts.

Finally, a view of some of the quiet quarters at the quay down by the river in my village. Click to expand.

25 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Ah, once a teacher...a quiz!
I'll get some right, I hope.

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Powell River Books said...

Roger already grabbed my first thought. The float homes at the quay look so colourful and the water is so calm. Looks like a quiet place to hang out. - Margy

Liz Hinds said...

You've worked hard! Good quiz and beautiful photo.

We have a macro setting on our camera (going back a few posts) but it doesn't allow me to take very good close-ups. it's annoying.

Carver said...

Fun idea to come up with a quiz for Q. I think I remember the answers to some of them. Carver ABC-Wed. Team

Hildred said...

Oh Leslie, I have to come back to this one and tackle your quiz. Hopefully I will learns lots from it.
Great choice for Q.

Anonymous said...

You just have a way with words. Love the post.

photowannabe said...

I did get some of the answers correct but , just like school times, I freeze on quizes.

Anonymous said...

i agree with carver that it was cool to come up with quiz for q


don quixote limerick

jill said...

You have been busy Leslie I will try this out on hubby.Not long now until you are visiting bet you are counting the days.Love Jill xx

Reader Wil said...

A quiz is a great idea! Last time I did it! And it was fun.
Thank you for taking part in this meme.
I wish you a great week.

Jane and Chris said...

I managed a few answers...more than I would have before this round of ABC!
Jane x

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

WOW!!! That would be a hard act to follow and I hope we are not getting graded on our quizzes!
And what a lovely image to cap everything off with (looks like a painting).

Unknown said...

Love your colorful pic with all the reflections! Let's not talk about my brain, it's a mess there!

Penelope Notes said...

Some of these subjects were covered in your earlier posts so I feel I should be somewhat better informed by now. But it is not unusual for me to have more questions than answers in life. :)

Hazel said...

I flunked surely. But I'd be interested to find the answers. Thanks for quite a lovely and stunning photo after the quiz.

Meryl said...

Great quiz and post. I've been avidly following from the beginning and had to go back for some of the answers. Great way to learn! Thanks - your posts are always great, educational and entertaining. Looking forward to next week.

Chubskulit Rose said...

It shows how good a teacher you are through this quiz!

Thanks for taking my Dementia Quiz
Rose, ABC Wednesday Team

Annie said...

That photo is gorgeous and the quiz is fun. I needed a review!

EJ said...

I love photography too.

Q is for...
Have a beautiful day.

Shrinky said...

Ack - I knew it (pout). Sorry, I spoiled the entire exercise by tripping into your OTHER blog first.. mutter, mutter!

Sorry.

magiceye said...

a wonderful faq!

ChrisJ said...

Quiet quarters is more my style actually than a quiz!

Lisa said...

Fantastic quiz questions! You really put a lot of thought into this. And thank you for such kind words in your comment at my place. I love coming over here as well. :-)

Reader Wil said...

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow, Leslie! Thanks for your always welcome visit!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A nice quiz. The Quiet Quarters look so inviting, too.