About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy New Year to All

Sending out New Year's wishes to all my blogger friends around the world. I especially want to thank those who have given me such support in the ups and downs over this past year. And as Benjamin Franklin said, "Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let each new year find you a better man." And may all your tomorrows be better.

8 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

Happy New Year to you, too, my friend. Here's hoping 2011 is everything 2010 wasn't.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Roger Owen Green said...

btw, your avatar dances divinely.
happy 2011!

Mimi said...

Happy 2011, hope it's a good one for you, Leslie.

Beverley Baird said...

A very happy New year to you Leslie! May 2011 be a wondrous year for you!

Jo said...

Happy New Year to you too, Leslie. I hope 2011 is your best year yet...!

Cheers,
Josie

nancygrayce said...

Happy New Year Leslie!!!! Hope it's a wonderful year!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Happy New Year, Leslie.

Liz Hinds said...

And to you if I haven't said it yet, Leslie! Looking forward to seeing you maybe this year?