About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Monday, October 04, 2010

The Letter L, Brought to You by Leslie

Last Friday, October first, I spent a lovely morning sipping a Starbucks' Americano Misto (light, extra hot) and nibbling on homemade muffins with my friend who's going through chemo. After lunch and doing all my crossword puzzles, I decided it was too lovely a day to stay inside. So off I went, camera in hand again, for a lively stroll around the neighbourhood. This time, I took a slightly different route and kept the letter "L" in mind as I perused possible photographic possibilities. (Gee, maybe this should be for the week of the letter P...) But, I digress. Lots of things popped out at me (oops, there I go again with the letter P...) and I had a great time. I've put the photos together in a little slide show for you all and hope you have as lovely a time watching as I had doing it.

20 comments:

Shrinky said...

You have a great eye, Leslie - and your garden looks so lush and verdant! Lovely shots.

nancygrayce said...

Such beautiful flowers and trees.....curious basketball goal and why do people throw their trash on the ground????? I will never understand that.

Neat that you put Leslie in the L post! :)

Beverley Baird said...

Loved your slide show! that was quite a walk - loaded with L things. Especially loved all the flowers - the macro ones were beautiful!
Take care.

Amy said...

"lacy willow" - good one! And I really liked your self portrait - we all need to be lazy sometimes!

Livsnjutaren said...

Very nice

Sylvia K said...

What a lovely slide show! I really enjoyed the stroll through your beautiful garden. Love your flowers! Terrific photos for the L Day, Leslie! Hope you have a great week!

Sylvia

Vinay Leo R. said...

what a nice slide show! :D beautiful photos..!

My ABC Wednesday L

photowannabe said...

Lovely slideshow. Your flowers were beautiful and I loved the one of you and the lattice work. Even the litter was a perfect post. Lots of fun!

Hildred said...

Thanks for such a great slide, - too bad about the litter, but loved your lumpy trees and your beautiful flowers.

Paula Scott Molokai Girl Studio said...

Ditto-you have a great eye and imagination!
Loved the slide show. Lumpy tree is the star!

Wendy said...

The "Lattice" is beautiful and the lilac-colored flowers are wonderful! Now,I want to go to Starbucks :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Lots of Lovely photos, Leslie!

Kay L. Davies said...

Love the slide show, Leslie. Sorry people are leaving leftovers on your lovely lawn.
My favourite picture is the bent basketball stand.

Kay, Alberta

Roger Owen Green said...

a lovely project! great captions, too, w the Ls capitalized throughout

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Gigi Ann said...

What a lovely use of the many L words. And the slide show was Lovely also. What a lovely walk and the garden had such beautiful flowers.

Mom vs. the boys said...

lots of flowers! I'm from Canada too!

Tumblewords: said...

These are gorgeous shots! Thanks for sharing the beauty!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

It is not a lovely day here. I try to get my 14 year old son to go outside, and he says, Too cold.

Linda said...

Leslie,

What a creative way to highlight "L" Loved the flowers/

Linda ABC Wednesday Team

Smalltown RN said...

Your photography has come such a long ways Leslie...well done and wonderfully presented!