About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Slow Process

















I've been watching my tulips as they slowly respond to the change of season. Seems strange, but the ones in the back (facing east) are opening but the ones in the front (facing west) are still tightly closed.
But it's exciting to watch the slow development of these flowers. Maybe they sense that it's too early to awaken, yet are drawn by the brilliance of the morning sun basking them in warmth.
Click to "biggen" and see more detail.




5 comments:

Mimi said...

Ah, they won't be able to resist for much longer!
Ours are a bit behind, due to a very harsh winter, but I'll post pics when they show a bit of colour.
You must be getting excited about your wedding now?

nancygrayce said...

Everything is behind here too.....I did notice the azaleas look like they are just about ready to bloom!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Lovely photos.. not sure what is happening here, at the moment more rain!!

I think it is because the ones in the East get more sun that the west facing ones.. !

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Lovely photos.. not sure what is happening here, at the moment more rain!!

I think it is because the ones in the East get more sun that the west facing ones.. !

Shrinky said...

Oh, isn't it a joy to the soul to see the flowers coming back? All our daffidils are out now, such a cheery sight!