About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

DELTA gets the torch!


First off, I must say I absolutely LOVE the new ABC Wednesday design logo! Whoever put it together gets huge kudos from me!
So we're already up to the letter D for Round 6 and I have a teeny bit of a stretch today in order to keep my Olympics mode going. The torch is being run right here in my municipality of Delta, and in my little village of Ladner, this afternoon. Everyone is so excited to see the torch as it's already been all across Canada, beginning October 22 in Greece and coming on October 30 to our provincial capital of Victoria on Vancouver Island. It travelled by land, air, and water over its 106-day journey and visited over 1,000 communities en route. If you click HERE, you can see the blue line showing the route through Ladner! And I will be front and center down by my former school, wearing Lorne's red Canada Hockey Team jersy and waving a huge Canadian flag. I think everyone can get into the spirit by watching this musical video sung by Nikki Yanofsky! Do YOU believe?
GO CANADA!

Personal photos coming later! Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Believing is what makes my day! And what a great post for the D day, Leslie! Hope the rest of your week goes well!

Sylvia

photowannabe said...

Terrific video and it portrays the excitment for Canada. I always enjoy the winter Olympics and feeling like I know you will make it even more fun.

Reader Wil said...

Go Canada! I will certainly watch the winter games, because we have great skaters. I always do, though I also like the other sports. We have, however, no skiers, for we have no mountains. I also like ice dancing.
Thanks Leslie for your post!

jabblog said...

Have a great Winter Olympics! I'm looking forward to ice skating, bobsleigh, slalom - well, everything really!

Kim, USA said...

I am excited for Canada too and for the fact that we are not that far from Canada. Who knows we might travel up there and see and feel the spirit of Olympics.

D is for Dad

Vicki said...

Thanks for sharing such a great video. I love watching the Olympics and envy that you get to see festivities first hand. Enjoy!

Also, thanks for commenting on my D post.

Unknown said...

It is so fun to see this thru your lens : ) Thank you for being such a great ABC Wednesday reporter : )

Hildred said...

I am so thrilled by the enthusiasm shown as the Olympic Torch travels across Canada, - unfortunately Keremeos was bypassed, but have enjoyed watching the streaming from the media that accompanied its journey. Thank you for the great pictures.

Tania said...

I will watch the olypic:-) We have the best man on ski!
Have a great evening!