About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

More Kisses

I went to visit "my" munchkins, as Josie calls her grandchildren, and had a lovely morning visiting and playing ball with Noah. He just adores his baby sister and my daughter says he hasn't shown any jealousy towards her. Noah calls Eden his "precious darling." Isn't that the cutest thing for a 4-year-old? Anyway, here he is kissing away! Told y'all we're a mushy sort.
And to give you an idea of what our "precious darling" looks like today on her one-month birthday, here she is all wide-eyed and aware. (Please pardon her Mommy's toes sticking out.) She's not like this for too long yet, though, so I coo and gurgle at her all the time I'm holding her. It's amazing how she knows everyone's voice - she turns her head looking for her Daddy whenever she hears his voice. It's incredible! She's going to be one smart little girl - but then look at the stock she comes from....lol
As I've said before, being a Gramma is sheer joy! I didn't even have to change her poopy diaper today either. Mommy did the duty and handed her back to me. Lovely.

12 comments:

Jo said...

Omigosh, Leslie, she is SO CUTE!!!! And what a gorgeous picture of Noah kissing his little sister. They are going to be so much fun!!!!!

Michele said...

GASP!! That is just too precious... I'm having a cute overload here =)

Absolutely adorable Leslie... you must be sooo proud!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

She's beautiful! And I like "mushy sort of people"!

Cedar said...

Wow she is pretty wide eyed and alert for a 1 month old baby. I love Noah's hair.

Leslie: said...

josie Yes, she reminds me a lot of Jaclyn when she was that old.

Michele Good to hear from you! Hope you're feeling better!

Welsh We'll get along great, then! :D

cedar Isn't his hair great? We're hoping Eden will get it, too. I noticed today her hair is sort of auburn. Her Daddy's mother has reddish hair and my mother's brother was a redhead. So the genes "are" there.

meg said...

Eden is such a darling, a truly goregous baby! No wonder you are so proud.

Casdok said...

Awww...i love mushy too!

Liz Hinds said...

She is so gorgeous! And I've got socks just the same as that!

How lovely that Noah dotes on her too.

photowannabe said...

Well I get all mushy over babies and grandkids too. I don't miss their being way beyond poopy diapers but there is something about "precious darling" little munchkins...

Pear tree cottage! said...

O! Leslie I can see this month went way too fast and I have missed so much! What a beautiful lot of photos you have up on your blog "one month birthday!" my gosh that is adorable we just had our four month for Adelaide.

I thank you with great freindship your comments on my blog while I have been unable to blog - I am still not truly well but with doctors care will soon be.

I must go back now to your blog and take another look at your darlings........Please thank your daughter for the lovely card and I will send her a thank you soon.

Your aussie friend Lee-ann

Barbara said...

She is a beautiful baby Leslie, you must be so proud, I love the photo of Noah and his kisses.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Aaah, she's lovely!