About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Eden Comes Home

The family is reunited - everyone is home together! Yes, Eden came home with her Mommy and Daddy, resplendent in a beautiful mauve outfit and tucked into the shawl that her own Mommy and her brother Noah used when they came home from the hospital.

When Noah's Daddy called and said, "Could you please bring my big boy home? I miss him SO much!" I leapt into action, quickly packed up some things and we headed out. I didn't stay long (about an hour) because Jamie was tired and needed to sleep after she'd fed Eden. But I'll be back tomorrow with Auntie Jaclyn in tow.

Then we'll leave them alone until at least Monday when Jason goes back to work. For the next few weeks, I'll go over when and as needed to take Noah out bike riding or do some cooking or cleaning - whatever my daughter needs. In the meantime, here are a few more photos of Eden's first day at home.

9 comments:

Ruth W. said...

what a great family, you are so lucky.

Janice Thomson said...

Love that bottom photo! Priceless grin on Noah's face.

Linda said...

You are going to have so much fun taking pictures of your beautiful granddaughter. Your grandson sounds like fun and I can relate to how tired you are after taking care of them. But I agree, being a granma is awesome.

Smalltown RN said...

OH big brother and baby sister..how darling.....glad everyone is united again....and yeah for grandma what a huge help you have been to your daughter...and yes you get some much needed rest...

Rosie said...

I can feel your happiness shining out even from this far away!

Casdok said...

Awww....

geewits said...

Gorgeous little kiddies! I LOVE them.

Cedar said...

I tried to comment, but Blogger ate it. I will try again. They are both precious and Noah has the best hair.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Glad all are home and all I can say, again, is how adorable Eden is!