About Me

My photo
Delta, British Columbia, Canada
I took very early retirement from teaching in '06 and did some traveling in Europe and the UK before settling down to do some private tutoring. As a voracious reader, I have many books waiting in line for me to read. Tell me I shouldn't read something, and I will. I'm a happy, optimistic person and I love to travel and through that believe that life can be a continuous learning experience. I'm looking forward to traveling more some day. I enjoy walking, cycling, water aerobics & and sports like tennis, volleyball, and fastpitch/baseball. I'm just getting into photography as a hobby and I'm enjoying learning all the bits and bobs of my digital camera. My family is everything to me and I'm delighted to be the mother of two girls and the Gramma of a boy and a girl. I may be a Gramma, but I'm at heart just a girl who wants to have fun.

Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday's Feast

This is just a silly little fill-in for a rainy Friday afternoon. Feel free to do it, too, if it pleases you.

Appetizer
Name one thing that is unique about you.
Everything about me is unique. I'm 100% original white, Anglo-Saxon, Protestant from British ancestry.


Soup
Fill in the blank:
My favourite pastime is reading but I like blogging, too.


Salad
What type of wood do you have for your home’s furnishings?
Most of the wood in my home is oak, but the floor is a cherrywood mahogany mix.


Main Course
Who do you talk to most often on the phone?
I talk to my younger daughter most often on the phone, just to keep in touch and to make sure she's doing okay.


Dessert
What level of responsibility do you have in your job?
I am Chief Executive Officer of my company. It's an independent company with the goal of rest, relaxation, eating, sleeping, and saving enough money to take the entire staff around the world.

6 comments:

BBC said...

What type of wood do you have for your home’s furnishings?

Whatever was given to me or was cheap, I'm not picky like pleasure seekers are. It's too hard on the planet.

Ruth L.~ said...

Love the dessert. I'll soon take on that role. Can't wait.

Your pix in the previous post are amazing!

MedStudentWife said...

I too like your dessert..hmm.. CEO of life's pleasures !!!

Wood in home furnishings.. well Fidel and I would like to have a log home, one day.

Casdok said...

What a lovely feast!!

denz said...

wow! you have a very nice picture and I love the way you put consistency of the picture, indeed that is a great post for this week theme! keep it up!!!

check mine:
PhotoHunt-1
PhotoHunt-2
Have a great Weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Great first-time feast. I envy you for your wooden floors!